Each map mural is customised for you. Through the map portal select your map style and size, crop and finish, then we’ll print and make it for you. You can choose between our mural wall covering, the ‘easy to hang’ self adhesive fabric.
There’s no limit to the size of your map, as it comes supplied in rolls of up to 1000mm and 1200mm for the self adhesive wall covering.
1. The map has been reproduced under License issued by the an external licensor and cannot be further reproduced.
2. Minor variations in colour quality or distortions may occur on historical maps, due to the result of the old maps scanning and aging process of the old map sheet when scanned.
3. This map can be tricky to match up due the map details. For best results Gomaps recommends you use a competent wallpaper hanger. Alternatively please contact Gomaps for a quotation to hang the map.
A smooth, matt non-woven wallpaper of 300 microns with high opacity and excellent wet strength resistance. Can be hung with standard wallpaper paste.
NB: Historical maps may have minor variations in colour quality or distortions may occur on the map mural due to the result of the old maps scanning and printing process.
A self-adhesive, textured fabric polyester weave wall covering.
This can be used as a full wall mural or a large poster that sticks to the wall, without any need for an expensive frame. Perfect for child bedrooms and hallways.
Peel the backing and apply to the wall. And don’t worry this can stick to any surface, peels without leaving any sticky residue, does not tear and can be ready to re-use and re-apply straight away. Just make sure the surface is dry, clean and dust free.
Having researched into the texture, we've found this slight textured feel is the hardest wearing and best effect for maps as wall murals.
- Low tack self-adhesive that is removable, repositionable, re-useable and totally paste free.
- Easily applied and easily removed without leaving any residue.
- Will not tear, wrinkle or stretch.
- Will stick to non-porous walls, windows, doors and ﬂ oors and many other surfaces.
- Will not damage host surface.
- Can be applied to curved surfaces.
You will receive a professional squeegee to help you put it up and instructions; Get your hands on some masking tape and a tape measure and go for it.
The wall mural (in this material) is supplied with a 25mm overlap. This is used for best matching of map details.
The wall mural is supplied in ‘drops’ of equal width (up to 1200 mm) and length. Carefully unpack these drops and lay them out in order. You’ll note that the whole image has an additional 50mm bleed all round and each section join has a 25mm overlap left and right, to create an overlap that’s cut back to create an accurate butt join.
1. All surfaces should be smooth, dry, stainless and free from dust and grease.
2. Lay out the wallpaper before hanging and check the map position before application.
3. To mark the position of the first panel, draw vertical lines on the wall, using a pencil, a level and a plumbline.
4. Paste the wall not the wallpaper. Apply the glue evenly and directly to the first part of the wall surface. Use commercial glue for non-woven wallcoverings.
5. Hang the 1st wallcovering strip to the plumbline then paste and match up the second strip and match up. Remember there is a 25 mm overlap. Press each panel with a soft brush or roller, or a dry cloth onto the wall. Work from top to bottom and from centre to the edges. The drying period must be quite long, as drying too quickly will cause separation of the edges and cracking of the mural could occur.
Apply wallpaper paste to the next section of wall. The second and subsequent drops should be overlapped by 50mm to make sure that the image aligns accurately.
6. Trimming the joins:
Using a straight edge and sharp blade, trim down the middle of the overlap, then remove the excess wall mural. A final application of paste can be applied beneath the joints using a paintbrush. Smooth down both edges to make a seamless butt join, making sure the wall mural is fixed at the edges.
Finally trim any excess carefully. Remove excess paste from the wallpaper with a moist foam sponge immediately.
1. To protect the finished map on the wall. Mix some builders PVA with water (50/50) and coat the finished wall mural with the msolution. This should protect the mural, even more from scratches and dampness.
2. This map can be tricky to match up due the map details. For best results Gomaps recommends you use a competent wallpaper hanger. Alternatively please contact Gomaps for a quotation to hang the map.
Becoming an Ordnance Survey Partner in 2015, Gomaps has embarked on a mission to marry beautiful cartographic maps with the advanced technology of large format printing.
Tel: 01364 652588
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seale Hayne, Newton Abbot
TQ12 6NQ, United Kingdom.
Have an idea already? Tell us about it and we’ll reply with a quote.
Copyright © 2019 GOMAPS ® is Trademarked and a partner of Ordnance Survey. All other trademarks are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.